Commercial Property Refurbishment, Design and Project Management
The Grillo LLP’s team has a long track-record of successfully designing and project managing commercial property projects and refurbishments. Our extensive knowledge and experience helps to minimise delays, disputes and disruption over the course of the project. With a detailed understanding of local commercial properties and all ages, styles and building techniques, we can ensure your project not only runs smoothly, but also brings your desired commercial result.
A Broad Range of Commercial Property Design and Project-Management Expertise to Draw From
Our specialist team works with both owner occupiers and those focused on property as an investment/commercial venture. We offer a wide variety of services and can manage the entire project on your behalf, or specific elements. These include:
- Conducting feasibility studies – including a detailed valuation to support decision-making on the project. For example, undertaking rental income/cash-flow forecasts for different commercial uses/layouts of the premises in a given timescale.
- Preparing a sketch scheme and feasibility study based on our initial discussions with you.
- Inspecting and measuring your site and drawing up measured building surveys to assist and inform decision-making in the planning and construction process.
- Advising on future-proofing the site, eg creating flexibility in the space to accommodate future growth, change of use or redevelopment.
- Obtaining Planning Permission, and where required, Listed Building Consent.
- Advising on VAT in relation to the build, and how to minimise it. Also, ensuring you make the most of current capital allowances rates and other commercial property tax advantages by working with your accountant or tax adviser.
- Securing Building Regulation Approval, having produced all the detailed drawings and information needed.
- Preparing the Specification of the work.
- Inviting Tenders from selected builders. Constant contact with many contractors gives us a good working knowledge of their craftsmen and skills, which enables us to gauge which building firms are best suited for any particular project.
- Evaluating the tenders, helping you to select a contractor and ensuring the most suitable form of contract is prepared.
- Monitoring the progress by making regular site visits and holding regular site meetings.
- Certifying interim payments and the final payment following a detailed inspection and Snagging Process.
Types of Commercial Property Projects We Regularly Support
Across Surrey and the South East of England, we have been delighted to support many commercial property builds and refurbishments. Typical projects have included:
- New builds.
- Redevelopments and alterations.
- Internal refurbishments.
- Reinstatement after fire.
- Permitted Development – conversion of commercial property to residential.
In doing so we often support commercial property interests in the following sectors:
Throughout the project, your commercial goals and objectives are our foremost priority. Our experience and knowledge ensure your property is both structurally and mechanically sound, compliant with the latest standards and obligations and commercially rewarding.
Regulated by RICS