Architectural Services and Building Engineering
Building work can range from simple repairs to major alterations, or even completely new buildings. They are all complex matters which benefit from the attention of a professional adviser to take the project efficiently from inception to completion.
Involved with historic houses and all manner of buildings in this area, Grillo LLP – Chartered Surveyors has a particularly well developed understanding of vernacular building design and techniques. Projects range from the precise restoration of Historic Buildings to the fundamental underpinning of foundations. Modern buildings are by no means excluded and construction of a mezzanine floor in a factory, to a tight timetable to avoid disrupting production, is but one example of our achievements.
Our understanding of the Local Authority procedures enables us to obtain the various statutory consents with the minimum of delay and to progress with the scheme quickly.
Grillo LLP – Chartered Surveyors is extremely well qualified to manage building projects on behalf of clients. Our service includes:
- The preparation of a sketch scheme based on discussions with you.
- Obtaining Planning Permission, and where required, Listed Building Consent.
- Advising on the incidence of, or means of avoiding, VAT.
- Securing Building Regulation Approval, having produced all the detailed drawings needed.
- Preparing the Specification of the work.
- Inviting Tenders from selected builders. Constant contact with many contractors gives us a good working knowledge of their craftsmen and skills, which enables us to gauge which will be the best building firm for any particular project.
- Evaluating the tenders and ensuring that the most suitable form of contract is prepared.
- Monitoring the progress by making regular site visits and holding regular site meetings.
- Certifying interim payments and the final payment following a detailed inspection.
- Throughout, the needs and benefit to you, our client, are our foremost priority.