House Extension and Refurbishment Design and Project Management
A house extension or refurbishment project can be both exciting and daunting for a home owner. The complexities of designing, securing Planning Permission and then project-managing the build can demand a lot of attention and careful extension planning – particularly if problems are to be avoided along the way.
Ensuring the Project Runs Smoothly From Beginning to End
The Grillo LLP team has a long track-record of successfully designing and project managing property extension projects for our clients. This helps us to ease the burden, which these projects place on a busy home-owner. Our extensive property knowledge and experience also helps to minimise delays, disputes and disruption over the course of the project. With a detailed understanding of local properties and all ages, styles and building techniques, we can ensure your house extension not only runs smoothly, but also brings your desired result.
A Broad Range of Property Design and Project-Management Expertise to Draw From
Our specialist team offers a wide variety of services and can manage the entire project on your behalf, or specific elements – if that is your pretence.
We can design and project manage any, or all, of the following for you:
- Preparing a sketch scheme based on our initial discussions with you.
- Inspecting and measuring your property and drawing up measured building surveys to greatly assist and inform the planning and construction process.
- Obtaining Planning Permission, and where required, Listed Building Consent.
- Advising on VAT in relation to the build, and how to minimise it.
- Securing Building Regulation Approval, having produced all the detailed drawings and information needed.
- Preparing the Specification of the work.
- Inviting Tenders from selected builders. Constant contact with many contractors gives us a good working knowledge of their craftsmen and skills, which enables us to gauge which building firms are best suited for any particular project.
- Evaluating the tenders, helping you to select a contractor and ensuring the most suitable form of contract is prepared.
- Monitoring the progress by making regular site visits and holding regular site meetings.
- Certifying interim payments and the final payment following a detailed inspection and Snagging Process.
Types of Projects We Regularly Support
Across Surrey and the South East of England, we have been delighted to help homeowners and property developers extend or reconfigure their property. Typical projects have included:
- Property extensions.
- Barn conversions.
- Loft conversions.
- Basement conversions.
- Garage conversions.
- New builds.
- Major refurbishments.
Throughout the project, your goals and desires for the build are our foremost priority. Our experience and knowledge ensure you achieve an extension which is both structurally and mechanically sound, as well as aesthetically delightful.
Regulated by RICS